Listing

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HK onigri & friends (B#320)


Finally tested out the Hello Kitty rice mould set - pretty happy with it except for the seaweed puncher. Turned out to be a big disappointment as they are not very effective at all, much prefer my carla punchers for the face details.

Used a little tomato sauce for the bunny face to give it a little red 'glow'. As for the bear, I used dark soya which was a mistake since it'd probably blend in with the nori details - that's why I added a slice of cheese for the face. Best to use light soya instead, will definitely remember that next time around!

In this bento, some onigri faces with some egg patties, cherry tomatoes, stewed bean curd and chicken, stir fried broccoli and cauliflower.

6 comments:

Lia Chen said...

Cute onigiri! I think I have a same set of the HK tools ... the puncher is the plastic one and not sharp at all. I have the problem with the puncher too :(

tata | bonitafood said...

Love these little cuties... Believe me, they adorable :D. So cheerful!

Susan Yuen said...

I love this bento!!! It is so cute with HK and friends. :D

javapot said...

Lia Chen, good to know its not only me - they should just do away with the plastic because its not effective at all +the set dont come cheap, sigh. anyone who knows the manufacturer, pls let them know, such a pity!!!

thanks tatabonita, despite my gripe with the puncher, i was really happy the rice shaper made things so much easier and faster.

Susan, u know still feel i suck at HK - don't know why, can't seem to get it quite right, even with the kit....arrrgh!! ha ha

KidsDreamWork said...

Love the expression of all the characters! So cute! :D
Thanks for sharing, will try to avoid those plastic puncher!

javapot said...

KDW, honestly feel that other than for the cutter for the bows, maybe not worth paying so much - can make do with others. It would have been perfect if the punchers worked better.