
Here’s my proof….
Case 1
Master Prince is having exams this week and when I showed him the baked buns he could only voice his ‘ooooos’ and ‘aaaaaas’ (especially drizzled with icing). “Well if you want one, you will need to study hard, OK?” I demanded. “Yes”, he answered promptly and quickly went off to do his studies without any kicking any fuss or excuses! *Wow, amazed it worked! Super pleased.*
Case 2
Asked M to come to the kitchen. “What do you think?” I asked M. “Mmmmm….looks good” came the reply. I said cheekily to M, “Well, you can have one only after you complete your work OK?”. M had been a little distracted the whole afternoon and I doubt she got much of her reading done. “OK”, came the same enthusiastic but determined reply. Off she went quickly back to her desk.
And so, for the next 30min – 1 hour there was an air of concentration and work! This also applied equally to me. As much as I mumbled under my breadth, wiggled my nose, wave my hands and wink my eyes, all was in vain….the used and dirty utensils and bakeware stilled had to be cleaned, washed, wiped and kept away. (Too bad DH was away otherwise, I would have worked on Case 3 ha ha) Sigh…taking one last longing look at the yummy buns, I too quickly went back to scrubbing the dishes.
What can I say Susan, it worked extremely very well! Thanks for sharing your recipe including your tips on the ‘power of inducement’!
The dough was very good to handle. I didn’t encounter any protest or shrinkage while rolling out the dough. Also it was very easy to shape and cut up. All signs of a great recipe to me!!
Use whatever fillings you like. Since MP is not a nutty person, I used choc chips and raisins instead.
The 'schmear' - its funny how people like to have a lick from the bowl!! As I was whizzing up the mixture, MP came by looking all interested and kept on asking me what I was doing, what was in the ingredients and whether....he could have a lick after I'm done. As usual I said 'No' to which he responded "Why, are there raw eggs in there?" As he walked away a little dejected, I pondered on his question - eggs? Checking the recipe again...nope, no eggs were used and so while scrapping out the mixture to a container for later use, guess who had a lick instead!!? Ha ha - afterall there must be some perks doing the baking right?
All ready for proofing. I could have easily managed 8 buns but since I had ready schmeared the tray, I had to stick to my earlier
Three with walnuts for the adults (funny how I have hazalnuts, almonds and even brazilian nuts in the cupboard but no pecans!) and Three plain ones (guess who these are for?)These buns were not only sticky but also fingers and lip smacking too! I recall there's this 'silly' game of eating sugar doughnuts and not being allowed to lick your lips. This is the same, I DARE you to have one without licking your lips or fingers – very hard to resist I am sure. Lolz
Another sweet surprise at the bottom of the tray. Hm…Susan cautioned us about the burning hot glaze splashes but she didn’t mention about….the toffee surprise. Ha ha Perhaps I put too much schmear so whilst baking they all kind-na oozed out. Kicking myself at the thought of having to clean up a gooey mess, it turned to pure delight and joy when I was greeted instead with chewy toffee. Master Prince enjoyed the treat immensely – they were chewy, hard (when cooled) and sweet of course, like candy!! Double delights with one recipe, what more can you ask?? I still have some schmear left in the fridge and can’t wait until the next sticky toffee delight!!

No comments:
Post a Comment