Super fluffy, soft and buttery - VERY DELICIOUS!!My family really enjoyed the pumpkin brioche I made earlier. In fact it was polished off in record time all in one tea sitting! Needless to say, these buns were a greedy welcome! Ha ha
Susan of WildYeast posted a rant on google's censorship, that's when I saw her beautiful brioche and hunted down her recipe, which she creatively used for the base of a peach tart.
Since I haven't tried the original version, I decided to keep to the plain but rich version. Its 59% rich brioche, just perfect for my family; savoured with a cup of coffee.
Here is the recipe I used which yields 10 petite brioches. Too little for my family thus I would highly recommend that you double up the recipe as it is just delicious. No extra butter or condiments required. Its just beautiful eaten on its own Extra YUMMY warm from the oven.
Recipe
180g bread flour
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant yeast
18g cold milk
36g sugar (add slowly)
107g butter, room temperature (add butter last)
Method as per WildYeast's blog.
Note that the recipe requires it to be refrigerated overnight, so plan accordingly.
It was fun shaping these mini brioche - the refrigerated dough felt like million of bubbles!!! Which probably explains for the wonderful texture.
Let's hope my pictures don't get censored too!! ;) I'll be submitting these buttery bites for yeast sporting hosted by Susan of WildYeast.
I was observing how each member ate their share of brioche, interesting to note that none of them ate the top first. A high percentage tore the bread in half first before taking their first bite.Some bench notes:
#1 - Do not use the breadmaker for the initial rest as the butter will melt in the warm machine, making it very oily! The butter remain separated even after refrigeration! But not to worry the final bake wasn't affected (at least I think so).
#2 - Easiest way and also yields more consistent looking brioche is to shape it like a snowman, bigger ball at the bottom, followed by a smaller shaped ball at the top. I find the traditional way of shaping more inconsistent for my novice hands.
#3 - Grease the tin even though the bread dough has so much butter in it!

4 comments:
These look fabulous! I bet they were delicious.
Very lovely -- looks like the texture came out just perfectly!
Hi Eileen, tks for dropping by, it was very nice. Now I understand why they are so popular in France!
Susan, tks for sharing the recipe. Loved every bite.
It's pretty cool how much they rose. Totally agree that more butter is not needed. Adding more butter might be a bit too much for me :)
Post a Comment