Listing

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pane al Cioccolato - Italian Chocolate Bread

Saw these chocolate bites at Jude's blog. I knew I just had to try them as my family just love chocolate.

I made them into mini rolls as we prefer them this way. I also added more chocolate chips than as provided in the recipe as all my chips melted while the dough was proofing! Never mind, just roll more choc chips into each dough. Who in their right mind would complain about too much chocolate???! Ha ha

I confess that despite Jude's warnings, there was just something mesmerising about this chocolate rolls hot off the tray! The freshly baked bread with chocolaty smell was just intoxicating. Needless to say, I had a few burnt finger tips - but it was all worth it as I savoured them (later after they were cooled). Finger smacking good with black coffee!



Bench notes - Do not proof bread in bread machine as the chocolate chips will melt!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo... these buns looked yummy! I've never tried making any buns or bread before though I have some recipe books on them... still a coward in this area! hahahahaa

Thanks for popping by and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and your family!!

javapot said...

Hi angeleyes, you should give this a go. The hardest part is probably the resting time :)

Merry xmas and Happy NY to u and your family too. Can't believe its nearly end of the year already!!

Anonymous said...

Love this stuff whenever it bakes. The half-melted chocolate in the crumb.. So good.

javapot said...

Hi Jude, tks for dropping by. You have so many wonderful bakes. I doubt I'll ever be able to keep up!!! :)