Listing

Friday, December 12, 2008

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies *V addictive*

Saw this at Sri's blogsite.

Peanut butter is DH's favourite food. I found out much to my surprise that it is also M's favourite too!! This is a VERY easy cookie recipe and flourless too!!!

Even though it didn't turn out as crunchy as I had hoped it would be, it is SUPER ADDICTIVE and very yummy. M couldn't stop herself from popping them into her mouth, one after another!! She was most grateful that the only saving grace was that I had left only a handful for her to savour, otherwise she would have probably ate the entire stash!!

The original recipe by Paula Deen. I adapted it to suit my taste.
(Yields about a dozen cookies, using a small cookie scoop)

1 cup crunchy peanut butter (used 170g)
1 1/3 cup baking sugar (used 110g brown sugar)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
  2. Cream sugar and egg together. Add vanilla extract and then peanut butter. Mix until combined well.
  3. Roll dough into small balls and place them on to baking tray. They do not spread out much so you can probably line them up fairly closely and bake all of them on one tray to save time.
  4. With a fork, make a mark or criss-cross design on the top of each dough.
  5. Bake for 12 min and cool on rack.

Bench note #1 - Even though I baked mine slightly longer than the recommended time, the cookie was still a little soft in the centre.

Bench note #2 - Each brand of peanut butter taste different so have a taste before adjusting the sugar level.

No comments: