Another super easy dish. Great served with chilled wine :)All you need are some asparagus (washed and pat dry) and a few rashes of bacon.
Wrap the bacon around a few sprigs of asparagus (note that I used the slim tip variety. If you use the normal large ones you might roll one bacon with one stalk asparagus, divided into half). Sprinkle a few drops of oil over the asparagus head and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10-15min, depending how 'brown' you prefer your bacon to be cooked. Can sprinkle some herbs or a little pepper before baking them.

They were super yummy and as you could have guessed, there were no leftovers! *darn*
Other alternative methods to prepare the asparagus are:
1. Fry them using a grill fry pan.
2. Great on BBQs.
3. Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is also a simple but elegant appetizer.

2 comments:
I saw a few of the bento books has this particular dish. I might want to try doing some when I remember to get bacon. My hubby is not so fond of the Western processed food... he only likes Chinese lap cheong! :P
angeleyes, thot bacon was the western equivalent to chinese sausage!! ha ha ha
Maybe can try if have other guest or something. They are a great party snack.
Post a Comment